Thursday, August 30, 2012
5 Resources for Supporting Individuals with CVI Who Are Learning to Use AAC
I was inspired yesterday by a low vision specialist who came to an AAC workshop I did in north central Florida. Time for a little resource sharing!
1. Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired Outreach Program: This site has a wonderful introduction to the various aspects of cortical visual impairment with many short videos on intervention to help maximize visual skills.
2. Introducing Your Blind Child to a New Teacher: Helpful information and downloads from Perkins and the Wonder Baby project.
3. Team Approach to CVI In Schools: Booklet by Little Bear Sees
4. Thinking Outside the LightBox: This is an active Facebook group with helpful information, resources, and timely announcements.
5. Sneak Outside the Box: Wonderful blog by SLP Tanna Patterson Neufeld with good ideas for therapy, play, and education many of which are applicable to children with CVI.
at 2:34 PM