Our next wish is a big one. It’s something that just about everyone would love to have: Time. Specifically, more of it. As the British author Norman Douglas once said “Insert a wedge of time and nearly everything straightens itself out."
So here’s to a 2012 where we all get a little more time. We wish for:
· More time to spend with families: Listening to what’s going on at home; Teaching them new strategies; Brainstorming together
· More time for people who use AAC to get good intervention: There’s just never enough.
· More time to learn & explore: About new tools & apps, of course. But also new research, books, and blogs.
· More time to teach: Our graduate student SLPs & others who have the power to make lives better through AAC.
· More time to write: Decades of AAC work has crammed our minds full of ideas and lessons learned. More time to put all of that into print sounds heavenly.
Santa, if you’re listening, save the wrapped gifts for someone else. Just cram our stockings full of extra time and we’ll call this the best holiday season ever.